Friday, June 6, 2014

Garden Stalk Update

Thought you might just like to see what's happening with the agave in our garden, and it's mile high stalk!!

The stalk began flowering a week ago, and is continuing up the stem with fresh flowers opening each morning.  The flowers are a greenish white colour and the stamens are yellow - pretty nondescript actually, except for the number of them!

So here we are, with a visiting bee the bees are all extremely interested in our agave stalk!

This is a real close up of the flowers:-



Here I have stepped back two steps:-


Here I have stepped four steps back:-


 I will post pictures again, when the stalk is fully covered with flowers - some time next week that will probably  be!

3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

it is certainly a beast of a flower xx

kiwikid said...

Wonderful flower! It always amazes me that the bees can find where good food is!
xx

Funny Farm said...

Reminds me a bit of a green version of Marg Simpsons hair. ( I do not watch that cartoon lol)

Jeanie Beanie xo